Megan G.
“ Just wondering if not having any experience in HR would be a disadvantage? ”

Megan G. asked a question
during the live chat Q&A Session 1 - The education and development opportunities on the NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme
to NHS Recruitment Team

16/01/2014
4 Live chat
Hi, I've applied for the HR scheme and was just wondering if not having any experience in HR would be a disadvantage?
16/01/2014
HR Business Partner, Midlands And Lancashire CSU

Hi Megan :) - I didnt have any experience in HR and probably 80% of my intake didnt have experience either .... you learn a lot from being in your placement as you do get stuck in at the deep end, but it's great and gives you a real buzz!

16/01/2014
Megan G.

Thanks! Was also wondering how the education side worked? Do you get allocated study time and is it hard to balance?

16/01/2014
HR Business Partner, Midlands And Lancashire CSU

so going on what we do, this might change, we went away once a month during our first year, which is great because you live and work with other HR grads so build up strong friendships quickly. In your second year it decreased to once every two months

16/01/2014
Megan G.

thanks again, this has been really helpful!

Add to this thread

NHS

Whatever your future leadership ambitions are, the NHS offers a fantastic start with a variety of challenging placements in an organisation that is wholeheartedly determined to provide equal opportunities to all employees. Selection for the scheme is based solely on aptitude and ability to ensure we have the best leaders for the NHS.

Visit website