Robert P.
“ Are most of your fellow trainees new graduates or is there a mix including people making career changes? ”

Robert P. asked a question
during the live chat Q&A Session 2 - The education and development opportunities on the NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme
to NHS Recruitment Team

16/01/2014
6 Live chat
16/01/2014
HR Business Partner, Midlands And Lancashire CSU

Hi Robert - I actually graduated in 2010 and joined the scheme in 2012 but I know plenty of others who are older and were making a career move

16/01/2014
Daniel U.

Do many have current/past experience of working in the NHS?

16/01/2014
HR Business Partner, Midlands And Lancashire CSU

Hi Dan - I have no experience in the NHS prior to joining but you pick things up pretty quickly

16/01/2014
NHS Graduate Management Trainee - Finance, Wrightington, Wigan And Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

I joined the scheme in 2012 having graduated in 2009. I have a health background in physiotherapy but every trainee has had a different prior experience and you get a very good induction into the scheme :-)

16/01/2014
Daniel U.

Is the scheme restricted to just one sector e.g acute or does it extend to CCGs and CSUs?

21/01/2014
NHS Graduate Management Trainee - Finance, Wrightington, Wigan And Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Hi Daniel, no the scheme offers placements across the breadth of the NHS network and there are trainees in both acute, mental health and community trusts as well as CCGS and in some cases area teams. Placements are offered based on their ability to provide opportunities in line with trainee development and competencies and this is certainly not restricted to the provider/acute sector as it is important for trainees to gain as much insight as possible. Hope this helps, Debbi

Add to this thread

NHS

Whatever your future leadership ambitions are, the NHS offers a fantastic start with a variety of challenging placements in an organisation that is wholeheartedly determined to provide equal opportunities to all employees. Selection for the scheme is based solely on aptitude and ability to ensure we have the best leaders for the NHS.

Visit website