“ How can I use my background of health psychology to adapt to such a role? ”

Kay C. asked a question in topic Career Choices
to Lisa K. NHS Graduate Management Trainee - Health Informatics, Enterprise Rent A Car

05/04/2017
19/04/2017
Staff Nurse (Bank), Rotherham Doncaster & South Humber Foundation Trust

Any experience of previous health and care settings or environments can aid your ability to adapt to joining the GMTS and the roles you undertake as part of the scheme. This is also true for other experiences though as your skills will be transferable. I?m presuming that you have experience of working with or close to patients, carers and/or family members. This experience will be really helpful in understanding the needs and expectations of the people that we serve and ensuring these needs are always appropriately considered, particularly in situations when you may be quite far removed from frontline care delivery.

NHS

Whatever your future leadership ambitions are, the NHS offers a fantastic start with a variety of challenging placements in an organisation that is wholeheartedly determined to provide equal opportunities to all employees. Selection for the scheme is based solely on aptitude and ability to ensure we have the best leaders for the NHS.

Visit website