“ Hi, I wish to get a place on the H.A Graduate scheme. Any advice for how to prepare for the face-face interview? ”

Elvira Ejang N. asked a question in topic Application Advice
to NHS Recruitment Team

on 23/11/2017
And what do I need to prepare for the face-face interview and assessment centre, what is required of me to be successful? Thank you
on 24/11/2017

Do your research! Make sure you understand the scheme and are clear on why you want to be join the NHS & our Scheme. Be clear about your passion for Health Analysis and make sure you are able to talk research that you have undertaken including techniques, results, etc.

Read up on the Healthcare Leadership model - we base the selection process on this
www.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk/resources/h… 

Check out our Facebook page in the run up to the interviews we will post helpful articles daily.

Finally some useful links below for you to do further research. Good luck

www.nhsconfed.org/resources/2017/10/the… 

www.kingsfund.org.uk/audio-video/how-doe… 

www.health.org.uk/publication/understand… 

uk.pinterest.com/pin/516014069790879705/ 

nhs-graduates.career-inspiration.com/app… 

on 24/11/2017
Elvira Ejang N.

Thanks so much, this is very helpful.

on 24/11/2017
Henry G.

Hi Elvira

I'm on the HA scheme. The articles the recruitment team have posted are a fantastic place to start your research. I would also look into the Five Year Forward View and the NHS values.

I found the face to face quite enjoyable, my interviewers were extremely nice and put me at ease. There are also a number of current Grads at the interview who you can talk to.

The recruitment team have already said this, but I think it's worth reiterating: Think about why you want to join the NHS/this scheme, why in particular Health Analysis, how your experiences relate with this Scheme.
Think of some examples (try to give different examples for each question) and use the STAR system to answer questions. Finally, Practice!

Most of HA are also on twitter if you want to talk with us directly or see what we do on a day to day basis.

Good luck! Hopefully see you on the scheme next year!

on 24/11/2017
Elvira Ejang N.

Wow Henry, thanks very much. I appreciate. I'll look at all what you've said.

Add to this thread

NHS

Whatever your future leadership ambitions are, the NHS offers a fantastic start with a variety of challenging placements in an organisation that is wholeheartedly determined to provide equal opportunities to all employees. Selection for the scheme is based solely on aptitude and ability to ensure we have the best leaders for the NHS.

Visit website