“ How often do you have to travel down to London to study at UCL? How long are your days there? Is it an overnight stay? ”

Anon user (#211172) asked a question in topic Life at the Company
to Any Health Informatics Insiders

20/12/2017
21/12/2017
Holly C.

Every 8 weeks, for 3 days at a time, usually 09:30-17:30. You will be provided with accommodation. The days are very intense but a big help.

21/12/2017
Laura Jane M.

It's once every 8 weeks or thereabouts (the modules are in 9 week blocks but there are university holidays to account for).
Depending on where you live for the Scheme it is an overnight stay - the face to face days usually last 3 days.

21/12/2017
Anon user (#211172)

Thank you very much!
How many stays are there overall?
I'm just trying to figure out childcare options. I really appreciate your quick responses.

21/12/2017
Katie L.

We go to London once during each module for 3 Face to Face days at UCL. Each day is usually from 9.30am to 5.30pm. So this means we're in London about every once every 2 months. If you don't live in London you stay overnight, and the scheme pays for your hotel. I really look forward to these trips because you get to spend time with the other HI grads, who have already become great friends.

21/12/2017
David M.

There's a face to face week (three days) for each UCL module on Health Informatics, plus induction at the start of the course. So that would be five visits in year one and four in year two.
The days are 0930-1730 and pretty packed. If you can't get there and back home in a reasonable time frame from your home, the scheme will book overnight accommodation for you.

21/12/2017
Anon user (#211172)

Thank you all. It's much appreciated!

21/12/2017
Katie L.

Sorry, there are loads of us saying the same thing! We had one Face to Face in September when we started, and then 1 for each module. So I think we have 5 in total this year, and then I'm guessing 4 next year. So 9 times over the 2 years. We've also had to travel to Leeds a few times for experiential learning and the Elizabeth Garret Anderson Residential. So that might be worth baring in mind depending on where you're based :)

21/12/2017
Anon user (#211172)

Ah that's good to know, thank you. You're all stars for replying so quickly!

Add to this thread

NHS

Whatever your future leadership ambitions are, the NHS offers a fantastic start with a variety of challenging placements in an organisation that is wholeheartedly determined to provide equal opportunities to all employees. Selection for the scheme is based solely on aptitude and ability to ensure we have the best leaders for the NHS.

Visit website