“ Hi, I would love to know your opinion! If I am successful, how can I get the most out of this experience? ”

Hazel B. asked a question in topic General
to Any Human Resources Insiders

04/01/2018
05/01/2018
Paige M.

Take every opportunity that the scheme gives you - sometimes you’ll feel like you’re too busy to say yes but you do find time! Also don’t be afraid to ask questions of your team; they know you’re there to train and don’t expect you to have all the answers - you learn things faster that way too!

05/01/2018
NHS Graduate Management Trainee - HR, NHS

Hi,

My advice would be to throw yourself at it! I learn the most when I’m outside of my comfort zone, which may or may not be the same for you, but it took me a little while to realise that to get the most out of the scheme, you need to realise that you’ve got a lot of learning to do and only 2 years to do it in ... so get stuck in! You’ll have the support of mangers, colleagues and other trainees to help you.

I would also suggest getting going outside of HR where you can do to get a deeper understanding of the care sector. Shadow porters, directors, doctors, chief executives etc. where you can and ask them about the challenges they face on the front line. I’m learning that having a true understanding of this can really make your HR practice much more credible!

I hope this helps a little -it’s a bit of a broad answer for a broad question - and hopefully others will give you some different responses!

T

Add to this thread

NHS

Whatever your future leadership ambitions are, the NHS offers a fantastic start with a variety of challenging placements in an organisation that is wholeheartedly determined to provide equal opportunities to all employees. Selection for the scheme is based solely on aptitude and ability to ensure we have the best leaders for the NHS.

Visit website