“ Does NHS have Tier 2 licence to sponsor international students? Can international students apply for the scheme? ”

Anon user (#231950) asked a question in topic General
to Lucy M. HR Manager, West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust

1 month ago
I am a undergraduate Psychology student. I was keen on applying for HR graduate scheme 2019! But I am an international student so I just want to ask does the NHS has Tier 2 licence to sponsor international students? Could you please guide me I am really confused about it.
4 weeks, 1 day ago

we are unable to sponsor applicants who are either currently employed under Tier 2 sponsorship or are a Tier 4 dependant. Any offer of employment would be subject to being granted permission to work under the CoS scheme. The decision to grant a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) is made by UK Visa and Immigration only.

For full details please see http://www.nhsgraduates.co.uk/applications/entry-requirements/#tab-permission-to-work-in-the-uk.

4 weeks, 1 day ago
Anon user (#231950)

Hey Lucy ! Thanks. I wanted to ask that I have Tier 4 visa not dependant one so will you still not be able to sponsor me? So would that mean international students cannot apply for this graduate scheme?

4 weeks, 1 day ago

No if you read the link above - which I strongly recommend as that has the information you need. Those who require Tier 2 sponsorship who are currently in the UK on a Tier 4 visa are welcome to apply. Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor applicants who are either currently employed under Tier 2 sponsorship or are a Tier 4 dependant.

But remember decision to grant a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) is made by UK Visa and Immigration only. so we are unable to make any guarantees. If you still have questions you should contact www.ukcisa.org.uk/ 

4 weeks, 1 day ago
Anon user (#231950)

Hey! I just wanted to confirm that I have understood it right. So I have Tier 4 (General) visa and I am currently living in Uk. So that means I can apply for the graduation scheme so that I can be sponsored for Tier 2 ? Tho its not a gurantee

4 weeks, 1 day ago

On the basis of the information you have supplied that is correct but please watch the website above in case there are any changes to the rules/legislation

Add to this thread

NHS

Whatever your future leadership ambitions are, the NHS offers a fantastic start with a variety of challenging placements in an organisation that is wholeheartedly determined to provide equal opportunities to all employees. Selection for the scheme is based solely on aptitude and ability to ensure we have the best leaders for the NHS.

Visit website