Your Privacy
The platform uses cookies to provide the best experience. There is no advertising and no cookies for personalised ads. Cookies are used for essential functions and to gain insights to improve user experience.
I have two young children - does anyone have experience balancing the scheme with family commitments?
7 responses
Ben D. asked during the live chat Pre Interview Q&A Session - with our Health Informatics Trainees to NHS
Category: Role Description
Date asked: Wednesday, 7 January 2015
Filipe W.
Filipe W.
I have just been a dad, and it can be challenging at times. However, your line managers and the leadership academy are there to support you. I would argue that with a good time management one can find a balance. There are examples of other trainees with children which have managed to handle it all.
Wednesday, 7 January 2015
John P.
John P.
Not personally, but I know at least one other trainee who does. It's tough but can be achievable. Some placements are likely to be more flexible than others though so it's impossible to say what it would be like.
Filipe W.
Filipe W.
Personally, I tried to link my assignments with the projects that I was working on and an active effort was made by myself and my manager to negotiate delivery dates. Hope this helps
Ben D.
Ben D.
Thanks, yes.
Filipe W.
Filipe W.
:)
Rob Y.
Rob Y.
Nick Q.
Nick Q.
Thanks Rob, that link is very useful.
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.