Heather R.
“ What is the average age of trainees? Are they mostly straight out of uni or older than that? ”

Heather R. asked a question
during the live chat Q&A Session - Interview Stage
to NHS Recruitment Team

16/01/2015
5 Live chat
16/01/2015
Programme Lead, NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme

I was 32 when I did the scheme and it really varies - there are lots in their 20s but equally a good percentage older.

16/01/2015
Head Of Transformation - Integration, NHS Southwark CCG

I am not sure of the average age but in my year there were some straight out of uni and some who were older - anything from 1-20 years after graduating. It is really open

22/05/2015
Liz P.

That's really good to hear. As I'm 30 and I graduated a few years ago now & was worried about the age issue & if there was a requirement with regard to this. I currently work for the NHS in an Admin role and am keen to apply for the Graduate scheme.

22/01/2018
Beth K.

I am 50+ is this too old to join, will I feel out of place, much as I would relish the challenge

28/02/2018

We won't find your age an issue nor will it have any impact on your application to the Scheme. In terms of how you will feel about being a trainee that is a question for you to reflect on & only you can answer. If you feel energised and excited by the challenges on the Scheme you should apply. Read the trainee blogs and take our match me tool for a better insight to life on the Scheme to help you decide

www.nhsgraduates.co.uk/connect/blogs/ 

www.nhsgraduates.co.uk/the-scheme/is-thi… 

Good luck

Add to this thread

NHS

Whatever your future leadership ambitions are, the NHS offers a fantastic start with a variety of challenging placements in an organisation that is wholeheartedly determined to provide equal opportunities to all employees. Selection for the scheme is based solely on aptitude and ability to ensure we have the best leaders for the NHS.

Visit website