“ What was the interview process like? ”

Bryony P. asked a question in topic Application Advice
to Freya R. Graduate Management Trainee, NHS Leadership Academy

06/11/2018
10/11/2018
Graduate Management Trainee, NHS Leadership Academy

Hi Bryony,

Great question! This year, the interview stage of the application process will be a little different to how it has been in previous years.

Participants whom reach the interview stage of the application process will be invited (via email) to complete an online video-interview. The online video-interview can be completed at any time that suits the applicant, but must be completed within the specified time frame- this will be detailed in the invite e-mail.

The online video-interview itself requires participants to answer a series of questions. To prepare, I'd recommend familiarising yourself with the NHS Healthcare Leadership Model (available here: www.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk/resources/h…  ), and thinking about your own motivation for joining the NHS.

I believe that participants are given between 1-1.5 minutes to answer each question, and around 30 seconds to read the question beforehand. You will not be able to pause the interview once it's started, so I'd recommend finding a quiet location where you won't be interrupted. It's also good to check the quality of you're microphone, webcam and WiFi connection beforehand as well.

I hope this helps to answer your question. If you have any more questions, just let me know!

You can see a really good outline of the whole process (including specific dates) here: www.nhsgraduates.co.uk/applications/how… 

Add to this thread

NHS

Whatever your future leadership ambitions are, the NHS offers a fantastic start with a variety of challenging placements in an organisation that is wholeheartedly determined to provide equal opportunities to all employees. Selection for the scheme is based solely on aptitude and ability to ensure we have the best leaders for the NHS.

Visit website