“ What's the culture like at the NHS? ”

Iain P. asked a question in topic Life at the Company
to Any General Management Insiders

06/11/2018
10/11/2018
Graduate Management Trainee, NHS Leadership Academy

Hi Iain,

Great question! I'd like to tell you about my own experience of the culture at the NHS- I'm a first year trainee on the General Management stream (currently based in Community Healthcare). If I was to summarise the culture of the NHS in one word (however, cliche it may sound), it would have to be 'empowerment'. From your first day on the scheme, you feel empowered by the leadership responsibilities of your new role- you are enthused about the NHS values, and you are entrusted with opportunities to have a real, positive impact on the lives of patients, and the quality of care they receive.

I feel empowered knowing that my colleagues within the NHS (my peers, my managers, the leadership academy etc.) are willing me to do well every step of the way, and are committed to providing me with the best knowledge and tools for success.

I hope this answers your question- it will be nice to hear what other people think about this question too...

If you have anymore questions, please just let me know!

NHS

Whatever your future leadership ambitions are, the NHS offers a fantastic start with a variety of challenging placements in an organisation that is wholeheartedly determined to provide equal opportunities to all employees. Selection for the scheme is based solely on aptitude and ability to ensure we have the best leaders for the NHS.

Visit website