“ Hi, can you tell me more about the structure of the scheme and leadership support throughout placements? ”

Constance R. asked a question
during the live chat Q&A on the new NHS Graduate Scheme: The Department of Health & Social Care Health Policy Fast Track Scheme
to NHS Recruitment Team

26/11/2018
4 Live chat
Hi, I'd like to know about (1) the structure of the scheme and (2) the relationship like between people on the scheme and more senior individuals, i.e. will there be consistent support through different stages of the scheme, and who would they be?

Thank you for taking the time to answer questions.
26/11/2018
DHSC Health Policy Fast Track Scheme Lead, Department Of Health And Social Care

Hi the website will give you an outline of the Scheme - 2 policy roles, 1 in private office and another in either NHS or an Arms Length Body. The Scheme is personally sponsored by our permanent Secretary who is also at our induction even (for this years cohort), he is very passionate about our Scheme. There will be a lot of senior support throughout

26/11/2018
Constance R.

Thanks Tara, that really helps. Will there be a line manager for each individual throughout placements?

26/11/2018
DHSC Health Policy Fast Track Scheme, DHSC

Hi Constance, you will have line managers in each of the roles, with support from the Fast Track scheme team (currently myself and Tara)

26/11/2018
Constance R.

Great, good to know!

Add to this thread

NHS

Whatever your future leadership ambitions are, the NHS offers a fantastic start with a variety of challenging placements in an organisation that is wholeheartedly determined to provide equal opportunities to all employees. Selection for the scheme is based solely on aptitude and ability to ensure we have the best leaders for the NHS.

Visit website