“ What is the most interesting project you've been involved in? ”

Megan P. asked a question in topic Life at the Company
to Any Policy and Strategy Insiders

29/11/2018
29/11/2018

One of the best ways to see this is to read the trainee blogs
www.nhsgraduates.co.uk/connect/blogs/ 

And to follow us on SnapChat (nhsgradscheme) as our trainees share their experiences www.snapchat.com/add/nhsgradscheme 

30/11/2018
Policy Management Graduate Trainee 2017 Intake, NHS

Hi Megan,

While I worked at a mental health Trust for my second 6 month placement I was involved in developing and writing s business plan for a community service called Recovery College.

I really enjoyed working with the Recovery College as I got to work with very inspirational and competent people: both colleagues and people who have lived experience of mental health issues and using services. I'd recommend checking out the Recovery College model at ImROC website. We did a lot of what is called co-production.

The process of developing a business plan was interesting because it wasn't always straight forward or obvious what the next step was. I learned that it's as much about the conversations and relationships built to convince people of the plan as about the formal presentation and written plan.

I hope that helps. I also recommend reading the blogs.
Best, Laura

NHS

Whatever your future leadership ambitions are, the NHS offers a fantastic start with a variety of challenging placements in an organisation that is wholeheartedly determined to provide equal opportunities to all employees. Selection for the scheme is based solely on aptitude and ability to ensure we have the best leaders for the NHS.

Visit website