“ Hi Nilam, can you give some tips and advice on how to get on the finance scheme. How to prepare for the online tests? ”

Al Artist G. asked a question in topic Application Advice
to Nilam N. NHS Graduate Management Trainee - Finance, NHS

15/11/2013
My name is Benish and I am a third year Maths student and like yourself, I have always wanted to work with the NHS, but didn't take the route of studying a health related degree. Instead I feel the NHS finance scheme is more suited for my abilities and skills. I am very much interested in working within NHS. People and health is always at the heart of what NHS do and the scheme will allow me to be a part of something that makes a difference in the life of people. I would really appreciate it if you could give me some hints and tips on what is the best way to get hired for such a role. Please can you give tips on how to get through the online tests and interviews?
18/11/2013

Hi Benish, Thank you for your message. Nilam is currently on leave this week but she will reply your message on her return. In the meantime I would recommend that you have a look at the following link where you will be able to practice 0n-line tests. www.psl.com/practice/. 

19/11/2013

As you can imagine this is a popular question so while you are waiting to hear from Nilam & her approach to the online tests you might want to read this earlier thread

www.pathmotion.com/app/discussions/view… 

27/11/2013
NHS Graduate Management Trainee - Finance, NHS

Hi Benish!
Apologies for the late response, I've been on a nice break.

With regards to advice about the scheme, it sounds like you're a perfect candidate for the role; taking into account your passion for working for the NHS. In the interviews, just be yourself, let this passion shine through and I'm sure you will be fine.
The tests can seem quite daunting at first, but if you practice the online tests using the link posted above, you will be able to get a feel of the tests and be more comfortable with the content and layout which will no doubt help your performance. Since you're doing a maths degree I can't imagine you'll have much of a problem with the maths test which I think is probably the more challenging one.

Good luck with your application and let me know if you have any further questions.

Nilam

NHS

Whatever your future leadership ambitions are, the NHS offers a fantastic start with a variety of challenging placements in an organisation that is wholeheartedly determined to provide equal opportunities to all employees. Selection for the scheme is based solely on aptitude and ability to ensure we have the best leaders for the NHS.

Visit website